Gutter Cleaning Checklist
Are you wanting to clean out your gutters yourself? Are you hiring a professional to do so? Either way, we have put together a gutter cleaning checklist to ensure all pertinent items are cleared. This will give you a peace of mind and leave you worry free when that next rain storm hits.
- Ladder (preferably one that doesn’t have to lean against the gutters – to prevent damage)
- Gutter cleaning tools or something that will help scoop debris out of the gutters
- Heavy-duty brush
- Trash bags
- Drop cloth or tarp
- Garden hose with sprayer attachment or pressure washer
- Remove any debris from your roof before cleaning out your rain gutters. This will prevent you from having to clean the gutters out again after the next big storm.
- Remove the loose debris out of the rain gutters. To make cleanup easy, either drop the debris in a bucket or onto a tarp.
- Use either a pressure washer or garden hose on its high-pressure setting to blast remaining debris and dirt out of the gutter. Always start at the opposite end of the downspout and work your way towards the spout.
- Run your hose water freely into the gutters to check for any leaks.
- Check each downspout to ensure they are not blocked/ ensure your downspouts are debris free.
- Set up a hose at the top of the downspout.
- Turn the hose on to see if it flows out the bottom of the downspout.
- If the water doesn’t flow smoothly, try using the high-pressure setting on the sprayer attachment to spray out all of the debris.
- If downspout is still clogged, use plumber’s snake or a similar tool to clear the clog.
We hope this gutter cleaning checklist will help you take the first step in the right direction. For more information, contact the trusted experts from Gutter Professionals, Inc. to help with your gutter cleaning today!
POSTED ON December 30, 2016 // 0 COMMENTS