How Can Gutters Help Prevent Damage to Property?
Gutters Prevent Damage
Nowadays, it’s important to conduct major home improvement and home repairs because it could cost a lot of time and money. Therefore, one cannot afford to have their property damaged. Houses protect the people living in it, but in order to keep their efficiency, maintenance is required and seeing to it that gutters are affixed on the roof. Installing home gutters prevent damage to your property and keep your family safe.
Problems that Cause Property Damage in a House without Gutters
- Leaks are not to be taken for granted. You might not notice it, but trickles can run through the walls of a house without gutters. This is the reason why stains usually appear on the walls. In time, these stains turn darker and the appearance of algae can be observed as well. If water is able to penetrate on the walls and hit metal window seals, this can contribute to rusting which completely ruins the appearance of the house.
Soil or Yard Erosion:
- Obviously, when the ground is always bombarded with rainwater every time it rains, the soil will loosen in time and this results to soil erosion. This can be dangerous because it easily gives rainwater access to the septic tank or piles debris and rainwater in the walkways, which can be a tripping hazard.
- This creates uneven ground in your yard which can affect the good appearance of your landscape and can cause accidents.
Overflowing Septic Tank:
- This may be a rare case and usually only happens during a flood, but if frequent rainwater drops to the ground where the septic tank is located, water can be absorbed and fill the septic tank quicker.
- Without gutters, you are not in control over where rainwater falls and how forceful it drops to the ground from the roof. You’ll just notice that the ground covering the septic tank is loosened and you’ll never know if water is already seeping through. The result is discomfort and health hazards to your family due to foul septic tanks smell as well as from dirty water from the septic tank flooding your yard.
How Gutters Solve these Problems and Prevent Property Damage
Prevent Roof Leaks by Catching Rainwater:
- Gutters catch the rainwater from the roof so there is no way for the water to trickle through the walls of the house and create water damage to it. Gutters are installed in a way that prevents water from escaping and successfully carried through the downspout and dispelled on the right place. This way, your inner roof and walls are totally safe.
Keep the Ground Safe by Rerouting Rainwater:
- Since gutters carry rainwater from the roof to the downspout instead of letting it hit the soil in your yard, it cannot cause soil loosening and erosion. In other words, gutters provide a way to keep the ground sturdy and safe from the harmful effects of constant rainwater exposure.
POSTED ON August 18, 2016 // 0 COMMENTS